Fantastic Fives Interview Questions
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm a 29 year old Pharmacy Tech from Texas who fell in love with reading YA after finishing the Twilight books. *Do not judge* I did read the HP books and a few mystery (MHC) books before, but I started to devour YA after twilight that's when I discovered and I found my all time fave series Vampire Academy, then House of Night, Blue Bloods, and The Immortal series came next, and then it became a passion something I loved.
I got married two years ago Nov 16th to someone I couldn't imagine being without now.
He will always be the Edward to my Bella, Charming to my Cinderella, Prince Eric to my Ariel, the Beauty to my Beast. In other words, the one who will make up my happily ever after.
2. How did you get started blogging?
I found book blogging after I had
3. How did you pick the name for your blog?
I actually started out at a blog that I still have called Read and Write this way it's now a web design site which I need to work on some. Anyways, I was living with my brother and sis-in-law at the time, and one night I was working on my site, and my sis-in law being a smart ass said they should have a group for bookaholicsa like they do for alcoholics and BOOM Bookaholics Anonymous was born. :)
4. If you could go back in time and tell your newbie blogger self 1 thing what would it be?
I would say don't worry about what others are doing and just go at your own pace.
5. What have you learned in your 5 years of blogging?
I've learned so much about the book world itself, and it amazes me what goes on. I've learned about ARCS, author signings
6. What was the first ARC or book you ever received from a publisher?
I can't think of the first book I received, but I want to say it was Harbinger by Sara Wilson Ettiene, and she also sent some goodies that I still have on my shelf today. :)
7. When you’re not reading or blogging, what can we find you doing?
Mostly working, but I also like to paint wine glasses with different themes.Below are few of my latest ones.
For more info go to WineRx
The Fives: (and yes, you can ONLY have 5! *muwhahahah*)
Five Favorite Books
1. Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead (Does this count as five books?)
2. The Deep end of the ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard (It's not YA, but I really loved the story.)
3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (I've loved all her books I've read)
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth (I wasn't so much in love with the second book which maybe why I haven't read the third.)
5.Paranormalcy Books by Kiersten White
Five Favorite Book Boyfriends
1. Dimitri from Vampire Academy
2. Four from Divergent
3. Noah from Pushing the limits
4. Alex from Delirium
5. Lend from Paranormalcy
Five Favorite Book Quotes
1. "I hold the bottle out into the rain and watch as the steady flow slowly fills it. Whene there is enough, enough that Beth can clearly see, I close the bottle and hand it to her. She raises a skeptical eyebrow, but accepts the bottle. It's our rain Beth. Her head barely shakes to show her confusin while I rub the back of my neck and search for my courage. I told you I loved you in this rain and when you doubt my words, I want you to look at this bottle." -Ryan (Dare you to)
2. How easily somethings can be broken for good and for bad, and how somethings, no matter how shattered, can still go back together. (Fixing Delilah)
3. -But the you who you are tonight is the same you I was in love with yesterday, the same you I'll be in love with tomorrow. I love that your fragile , tough, quiet, and kick-ass. (Adam to Mia) (If I stay)
4. I prefer the ocean when it's gray, or not really gray but a pale in between color. It reminds me of waiting for something good to happen -Alex (delirium)
5. Knowing that your voice can mean so much to one person. (Raw Blue)
Five Blogging Tips For New Bloggers
1. Don't try to be like other bloggers. Be yourself!
2. If it's not fun anymore then take a break/hiatus. Come back to it when it's fun again.
3. Don't be in it for the free books.
4. If you ever have questions ask. More than likely someone will help you who has been doing it longer. We are a community after all.
Five Blogs You Want The World To Know About
3. Fic Fare
4. The Write Obsession (I love this girl to death, her book is awesome and she lives in Australia and sent me a copy of a book we can't get here in the states. Also she talked to me when I had some of the crappiest days.)