I was a little bored when I got home earlier so I was looking around on Goodreads mainly the quotes. I love a good quote. Here are some I found dealing with books
- "You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them."
— Ray Bradbury I put this one up because it kind of pissed me off. So I'm not to fond of this quote!
- "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
— Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus
Someone showed me this one on one of my comments awhile back, but it truly fits me. :)
- "The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame."
— Oscar Wilde
This reminds me of the Speak book.
- "You get a little moody sometimes but I think that's because you like to read. People that like to read are always a little fucked up."
— Pat Conroy (The Prince of Tides)
I thought this was a little cute. :)
- "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
— Groucho Marx (The Essential Groucho)
This made me laugh.
- "A room without books is like a body without a soul."
— Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx
I totally remember what else I was gonna say on here. Sorry I had a brain fart. :) I'm almost to 100 followers (Yea!) So if (well not if but when) I get to 100 followers I'm thinking I might have to do a giveaway. (Maybe I'll make it a little more. We'll see) Still just know that the thought is in my head. (my pretty little thick head) If I do it I'm going to pick the winner a little differently. No random.org! I'll do it the old fashioned way, the name in a hat (or bowl) actually and video camera it. Deal...Deal! Let's see what happens!
So I get to work Saturday with the pharmacist that pissed me off last week. Let's see how well this goes.