Hosted by Small Review
Starting out as a new YA book blogger is a ton of fun. You meet a bunch of new people who all share in your passion for YA books, you become a part of a friendly community, and you're continually exposed to wonderful new books.
But sometimes things can be a little discouraging when you're just starting out. You look at your blog and then look at some of the awesome established bloggers out there and wonder if you'll ever make the grade.
So here's to Busting the Newbie Blues! Don't be discouraged. Instead, take action! Participate in my Busting the Newbie Blues event, which will run from December 3rd through December 31st.
- When did you start your blog?
I started around the end of September 2010
- Why did you start your blog?
I started because I had been reading a lot of books these past few months, and I needed a place to say how I felt, and thus the blog was born. It actually started off as another one, but grew into this one. :) Just bing able to share my new passion for reading with others too.
- What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced so far? Did you make any mistakes new bloggers can learn from?
I would hve to say the biggest challenge would be just getting it out there in the blogosphere for others to see. I don't think I made any mistakes, but I could be completely wrong. I mean maybe I just don't know.
- What did you find most discouraging about being a new blogger? How did you deal with this?
I think getting started was a bit discouraging being able to get people to stop by and read it. The only way I know to deal wit this is to just advertise it. Go to to others blogs, leave comments, join book club communities, and join in the MeMes. :)
- What do you find most encouraging?
There are alot of bloggers out there who are willing to help you. Then when you see the first few comments and those followers it's awesome. :)
- What do you like best about the blogs you read? Have you tried to replicate this in your blog?
I like how all of us are different. We all put in something different. I like to be able to see that the blogs I read are people like me and not like me (if that makes since). That they can bring something that I haven't seen. I try not to replicate things.
- What do you dislike about blogs you’ve read? Do you try to avoid this?
That some take a little long to load. I try not to avoid any blogs though.
- Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Not to get discouraged, and keep at it. Everyone started off new at one time. :) Even the most expierenced bloggers.
- How did you bring your blog to the attention of so many people?
I don't really think it's at the attention of many now, but like I said just commenting on others, joing the MeMes, and everything else to. Twitter also helped.
- Is there anything else you’d like to share about your experience?
Nothing really just what I've said in all the other questions.
Tell me what you think.